Reported on this Day in 1893.
District News, Cardiff.
DEATH FROM SCALDING, Mr E. B. Reece (coroner) held an inquest at the Town Hall, Cardiff on Friday evening, on the body of Annie Mary Gronow aged 3 years of 56 Letty Street, Cathays. The evidence showed that about six weeks ago the deceased was scalded by the upsetting of a bucket of boiling water, and the child died on Wednesday from injuries received. After the evidence of Dr. Shepard the jury returned a verdict of 'Accidental Death'.
(Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales), Saturday, June 17, 1893; Issue 7512)